Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Beomaster 8000: Reinstalling Output Amps, Power Supply and Speaker Switches

I now have most of the bottom layer of components restored on this Beomaster. Before restoring the preamplifier and FM tuner boards I want to reinstall the components I have completed so far.

I'll start with the left channel output amplifier assembly. I mentioned before that it is kind of a pain to remove and reinstall these as the board will not fit through the rear opening in the Beomaster cabinet frame. You have to remove the heatsink mounted components, fish them through the opening in the frame, then reattach them to the heatsink.






















The reason I remove the components to work on them though is so I can fully inspect them, clean everything properly and have room to work. While the right side is empty I will replace the original speaker switches with Beolover replacements. This is a preventative measure and is a pretty simple replacement when the Beomaster is disassembled like this.























Now for the right channel output amplifier assembly reinstall. You can see how it was easier to replace the speaker switches while the output amplifier board was removed.






















I had removed the restored power supply board and voltage regulator assembly when I worked on the rusty cabinet bottom so I reinstalled that assembly next.























Things are looking pretty good. As you can see in the pictures, I removed the control panel door damping component because it was leaking damping fluid. The mounting location for that dampler is cleaned off now and I will be reinstalling a restored damper later.






















The last part of this step is to begin hooking up some of the component wiring again. Then it is on to the preamplifier restoration.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!