I made good progress with the restoration of the Beogram 4004 (Type 5526) that I recently received from a customer in California. Until I came to the part where I adjust the floating chassis and align the platter etc...what is usually a tedious, but fairly straight forward process quickly turned sour with this unit, giving me fodder for another post in my 'when disaster strikes' series!...;-):
What happened was that when I tried to adjust the height of the three leaf springs to get the floating chassis level, one of the adjustment bolts ripped off. I thought it was turning a bit difficult, but in this case it turned out that one of the previous owners had epoxied the nuts to the threaded sections of these bolts. Since I usually use a ratchet with a nut to turn these screws, I did not see that I was actually twisting the bolt and not just turning the nut!
This shows the assembly before the disaster struck (luckily I took a picture after straightening out the grossly bent alignment pins for the aluminum cover plates). The bolt in question is behind the pin to the right: