Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Beogram 4000: Installation of Hood Mounting Screw Springs

On the way to the perfect Beogram 4000 I realized that all 4000s that I so far encountered did not have the hood mounting screw springs that the later Beogram 4002 and 4004 have. These springs conveniently push up the screws making it really easy to take off and replace the hood of these turntables. I checked the service manuals, and indeed the Beogram 4000s do not have these springs included. I guess B&O practiced kaizen here and gradually improved their designs (even though I disagree with the change to DC motors and the implementation of the retro analog control system on the 4002/4 models - the 4000 is much more advanced in this department - I'd love to meet this designer for a chat if he is still around). Anyway, a Pilot G-2 07 pen donated a spring to the Beogram 4000 that I am currently restoring, which I cut in half and installed on the two bolts. I made a short video about the process. Enjoy:


On to doing the final adjustments of the platter height, and then there is the polishing of the scratched hood...this means a nice workout is coming up in Beolover's garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!