Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Beogram 4002: Restoration of a Keypad with a Worn Through Start Button

A worn Beogram 4002 keypad arrived recently from New Zealand. The coating on the start button was completely worn through:
Many of the Beogram keypads unfortunately have this issue: The acids in the skin in combination with mechanical abrasion cause the coating to fail.

Luckily this can be fixed. This shows the keypad after restoration:
Pretty! I will let the coating harden a bit more, and then it will be time to send it back to New Zealand!


3 comments:

  1. can you help me with my keyboard for my beogram 4002

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Beolover,

    I have the same problem with my 4002 keypad. could you help me too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we can. Please, send a message using the contact form and we can discuss specifics.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are welcome!