Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Beogram 4002 (5523): Replacement of Corroded RCA Plugs

The Beogram 4002 (5523) that I am restoring right now was outfitted with RCA plugs and a grounding wire instead of the standard DIN 5 connector. As usual the plugs and the grounding terminal were grimy and corroded:
I replaced the RCA with all-metal gold plated plugs and I installed a new grounding terminal:
For some reason these nice compact RCA plugs do not come with a color coding, so a while back when I started using them in my restorations I designed 3D printed inserts that close off the back of the plugs and give them a distinguishing mark for the left and right channels:
On to the final adjustments and a test drive of this lovely Beogram!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!