Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Beomaster 8000: The Recap Continues

I continued recapping the Beomaster 8000 that sits on my bench right now. I rebuilt the filter and tone control PCB that sits underneath the control panel, the two tuner PCBs, and the preamplifier board. As usual, I used quality Japanese 105C capacitors. I also cleaned all board connectors with a fiberglass brush to remove oxides, and then I coated them with DeoxIT D100L to protect them from future decay. Here are some pictures of the boards before and after:

Filter and tone control PCB before:

and after:

Tuner boards before:
and after:
and a detail shot:

And the preamplifier board before:
and after:
and a detail shot:
On to the main reservoir caps for the outputs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!