Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Monday, September 26, 2016

Beogram 4002 (5501): Worn Keypad Restoration - My Process Finally Appears Reproducible...

The Beogram 4002 (5501) that I am restoring right now had the usual worn keypad. Here is an impression of how it looked before I restored it:
As usual the start button was worst...no surprise since it sees most of the action during normal play activities. This shows the keypad after my restoration procedure:

Nice! Looks almost like new!!...It took me a few months and many frustrating attempts to perfect my approach to rebuilding these keypads. But it seems my process finally yields a reproducible outcome. Another piece of the 4002 restoration puzzle in place! 

This keypad had one more issue: One of the RPM panel clamps was broken out preventing the RPM panel from staying down:
This shows the broken part in comparison with a good one that I had 'in stock':
I replaced it and now the keypad looks perfect. But I guess it is time to develop a 3D printed replica...Beolove never ends...;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!