Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A Pair of Beomaster 1900 Receivers for Restoration: Installing New Lamps (Unit #1)

I replaced all of the indicator lamps in the Beomaster 1900 today.

For the Bass, Treble and Balance indicator lamps I change from the original incandescent type lamps to LED/resistor type lamp assemblies. The reason for that is the incandescent type lamps generate more heat and I can see from white spots on the red lamp lenses that the heat has had an effect.  The LED lamp assemblies will operate much cooler.

Here is the board with the original Bass, Treble and Balance lamps.  I was out of my LED replacement lamp assemblies so I built more than the three I needed for this project as I know I will be needing the extra assemblies soon.














Here are the new Bass, Treble and Balance LED lamp assemblies installed.
Polarity matters with LEDs so I marked where the positive lead has to go on the board.

















For the remaining twelve indicator lamps I replaced the original incandescent lamps with new incandescent lamps that I source from Beoparts. They are the correct type and necessary in these indicators so that the underlying Beomaster 1900 circuits work as intended.

There are two lamps on the volume control board and ten lamps on the selected source and FM tuning indicator board.

Here is the before photo of the lamps. I can see that these are replacements that were probably installed when this Beomaster had its bridge rectifier for the 15 volt power supply replaced.

















Here are the new lamps.  All uniform...all the same type.
















Now this Beomaster is ready for reassembly then on to the power supply testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!