Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Beogram 8000: Taking A Little Test Drive

Today is the day to try out this beautiful Beogram 8000 and see how it sounds.

I reconnected the floating chassis in the cabinet with the aid of a nice little hook tool I found a few years back. It is perfect for lifting the chassis support wires on and off the leaf springs.
























For the black metal deck lid in the tonearm compartment I had more old double-sided tape residue to remove. So more GooGone and scraping.






















For the re-attachment I used 3M automotive double-sided tape. It is easy to use and does a great job here.













































Next was a few iterations of putting the platter on and off as I adjusted the leaf springs to get the deck and platter surfaces aligned with each other.

















Now the Beogram is ready for a test drive.  Just need to swap out the MMC 4000 cartridge with a nice MMC 20CL.






















For some reason I was in the mood to hear the Rolling Stones It's Only Rock 'N Roll so hooked the Beogram up to my office system, sat back and relaxed.
























It's only B&O but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!