Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, March 17, 2014

Beomaster 6000 Quad: Tuner Pulley Mystery Solved!

Just received a picture from Geoff from his Beomaster 6000 Quad showing the bottom end of the tuning wheel assembly:
























He suggested that there is just the external retaining ring missing. I had a closer look at my bearing assembly, and it turned out that the bearing was just jammed at the bottom end of the assembly, rendering it inaccessible for the pulley shaft. His photo encouraged me to push the bearing a bit, and indeed it moved further into the housing. Now the pulley shaft comes through far enough that I could put a clip on it if I had one...



















I guess in a couple days I will have an appropriate retaining clip from McMaster.
On to the other issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!