Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Beomaster 8000 Pre-Amp Re-Capping

Next, I recapped the pre-amp/input selector board (#3). This board can be completely taken out, which is what I did. I exchanged all electrolyte capacitors. One noteworthy detail on that board is that the printed capacitor symbols on the backside of the board for C120/220 (two tantal 10uF caps) are apparently showing the reverse polarity (this was the same in my first BM8000, i.e. I think this might be the case in all BM8000s...). I replaced the caps in the same polarity like the tantals, and everything seems to be fine. Here is a pic of the finished board:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!