Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Friday, January 10, 2020

Beogram 8000: Test Drive with Miles Davis

After performing the mechanical and electronic adjustments of the Beogram 8000 that gave me some fun insight into aging transistors recently when I troubleshooted its record detection circuit, it was time to reassemble the unit and do a test drive:
I selected "Water Babies" by Miles Davis. One of my favorite records of all time. In fact I bought this one in 1979 as my 29th record (as you can see from the number label in the top left corner...;-)! This Beogram 8000 came with a decent MMC20CL cartridge and Miles sounded very smooth! It seems this Beogram is working well again. I will play it for a few more days and then it will be time to send it home to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!