Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Beomaster 2400: Dealing with a broken audio connector

While connecting up audio sources to test this newly restored Beomaster 2400 I discovered the audio source connection panel is broken. I didn't notice it earlier so it must have been barely hanging on. When I started to use it the weak plastic tab holding it in place finally gave way on one side.

As you can see in the photo the loose connector panel can pull away. It still works but no longer stays in place.





























Here is more detail on what the broken DIN connector mounting assembly looks like.


























The DIN Phono connector on the Beomaster 8000 can fail in a similar fashion.  Beolover makes a 3D printed repair kit for it but this one is a dual DIN panel.  I might be able to still use part of the kit but I think it will be better in this case to just replace the dual DIN jack panel with another one that is still intact. In the next post I will change this connector panel out and then I can get on with the Beomaster 2400 testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!