Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Monday, February 6, 2017

Beomaster 8000: Right Channel Output Board Capacitor Replacement

I started the restoration on the right channel output board today. From the previous post, the Beomaster 8000 chassis is all cleaned up and ready now.





















Here is the right channel output board in its original state. I am going to replace the electrolytic capacitors and the two trimmer resistors.































I always check capacitors I remove and the new ones I install. With this group I found that the C202 (100uF, 63V) capacitor would not measure at all. Sometimes the bad measurement is due to bad contact on the capacitor leads but even after cleaning up the leads good I still couldn't get a measurement.





















The rest of the capacitors measured in tolerance but all will be replaced.
I replaced the two trimmer resistors with multi-turn Bourns trimmers. I started using those after seeing Beolover's Beogram restorations where he used them. I like the control that the multi-turn trimmers give when dialing in the desired value.



































As I started to get the new capacitors ready to install I discovered that I didn't order the correct electrolytic capacitors for the 100uF, 63V and 220uF, 40V components. I will order some tonight and they should arrive Tuesday. In the meantime I can begin work on the left channel output board and it will be ready when the capacitors arrive.

The capacitors arrived this evening and I got them installed in the right and left output boards. Here is the right channel board re-installed.





















Now I can put the power supply board back in its place as it shouldn't have to be moved again.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!