Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Beomaster 8000: Left Channel Output Board Capacitor Replacement

The replacement capacitors for the output boards will arrive later today. Last night I prepared the left channel output board as I had done for the right channel. The board is the same so the work involved is identical.

Like the right channel, there was some dust build up that I want to cleanup before the recapping work.





















Since the Beomaster preamplifier board is also covering the same area of the chassis I removed it so I could clean the whole section. I will also be able to start getting preamplifier board ready for recapping.





































Here is the left channel output board cleaned up before removing any components (except the connectors).




























I removed the electrolytic capacitors and the two trimmers. The 100uF, 63V (C202) was still measurable on this board (it was defective on the right channel). The 4.7uF coupling capacitor in the lower right corner of the board was out of tolerance (over 6uF). I installed the new Bourns multi-turn trimmers like I did on the right channel output board.  Now this board is ready for the new capacitors which will be here later this afternoon.





























The capacitors arrived and here is the left channel output board re-installed with its new components.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!