Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Beogram 4002/4004: Replacement of Decayed Transport Lock Bushings

About 50% of all Beogram 4002/4004s seem to have decayed transport lock bushings. A while back I developed a 3D printed replacement part that can be inserted without needing to disassemble the chassis. The part is available in my Shapeways store. Here is a picture of a set of three bushings (you will need 6 parts. Two make up one complete bushing (See below for a link to the installation video).



The Beogram 4002 (5513) that I am currently restoring also had this problem. When I took it out of the box, the telltale orange fragments were all over the place. So I replaced the fragmented bushings with my 3D printed replacements. Here are a few pictures of this effort taken while I worked on the lock next to the carriage servo motor.
This shows the orange fragments and the lock before I fixed it:

Here you see the remnants of the original lock as it crumbled out of the mounting hole:
After cleaning all the debris, I inserted the lower bushing part:
Then I added the top part:

And then put the lock screw in place together with the mounting plate:

This procedure needs to be done for all three transport locks. When I designed the part, I also made a short video about installing the bushings:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!