Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Beomaster 8000: New Electrolytic Capacitors for the Control Panel and the Preamplifier

I made some progress with the recap of the Beomaster 8000 that I am working on right now. Today I did the control panel and the preamplifier boards. The control panel pcb is bolted to the control panel fixture, and one needs to unsolder the leads to the signal strength meter. After that is done the PCB can be extracted:

Here is a shot of the board after replacing all electrolytic capacitors with 105C grade Japanese units:

As usual, I also reflowed all solder points on the wire-to-board connectors and coated the pins with DeoxIT D100 for longterm stability.
After I put the control panel back together I moved on to the preamplifier board. It seems one 10uF capacitor had already been exchanged at some point. These red electrolytic cans are often problematic at this age.

I replaced all of them with new ones and also did all the connectors:

Here a detail shot:

On to the tuner boards, which will conclude the recap of this Beomaster 8000!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!