Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Beogram 4002/4004: Replacement of a Broken Cable Clamp/PCB Holder

The Beogram 4002 (5513) that I am restoring right now had a cracked cable clamp/PCB holder that needed replacement. This gave me a chance to put a part file to work that a Beofriend from New Zealand sent me in exchange for at-cost access to my Shapeway Store parts. I recently had it manufactured at Shapeways since I wanted to test it before adding it to my store inventory. 

Here are a few pictures. This shows the broken clamp:

Here is the replacement part printed in white together with the original broken part:

And this shows it after installation. It makes a nice fit with the PCB and holds it tightly in place while giving the audio cable the support it needs to stay put:

After this successful test, I made the part available to other B&O enthusiasts at my store:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!