Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Beogram 8002 From North Texas: Completed and Connected to a Beomaster 6000

In the last post I showed that the Beogram 8002 was only missing a few bumper pads (2 for the dustcover and 1 for the metal accessory compartment lid).  

I made some new pads and installed them. They fit tight enough to just press into place. That way they can be removed without too much trouble in the future.


















Here is the completed Beomaster 8002 after a bit of final polishing.

























I decided to use a Beomaster 6000 and Beovox MC120.2 system to do the listening tests with the Beogram.




















For the first record to play I selected a new copy of Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" album. It is a re-issue of his 1963 release on Blue Note records.

I don't listen to my Beomaster 6000 and MC120.2 speakers as much as I should. They are in the same room as some Yamaha NS-10M, Yamaha NS-1000M, Beovox MS150.2 and Beovox M100.2 speakers so they get overlooked.

They sound great though so I will enjoy the next couple of weeks testing out this restored Beogram 8002. I installed a nice MMC-2 cartridge that plays beautifully.









































































































Coming up...Another Beogram 8002 restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!