Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Beogram 8002: Taking the restored turntable for a spin

The last bit of repair on this Beogram 8002 is to fix the problems with the dust cover lid assembly. Meanwhile I started playing records on the Beogram as a test drive (or burn-in test). This is always the best part of the restoration.

I set up the Beogram 8002 in my office so I could listen to it play for the next couple of days. One of my kids is a trumpet player so I find myself listening to a lot of music by trumpet players. This picture is the Beogram playing Freddie Hubbard's First Light  LP. My copy has a very slight warp in it but the Beogram had no problems tracking it.






















Once the listening tests are over and the dust cover assembly is re-attached this Beogram will be returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!