Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Beomaster 6000 4-Channel: Tuner Cord Replacement and Main Pulley Repair

I recently made some progress with my Beomaster 6000 4channel. Geoff's picture helped a lot to understand to repair the ripped out pulley issue. I bought some 5 mm external retaining clips from McMaster and this allowed me to put the pulley back into place. Here is a pic of the installed clip:



















This allowed me to install the pulley back into the Beomaster and put a new tuner dial cord (50lbs braided fishing line) in there. I had to do it a few times to get it right...not too difficult, but there are a few important points to consider. I made a tutorial video about the tuner dial cord installation process (recently learned making videos with Camtasia2...cool stuff!....;-)...Here is the video:


Unfortunately, I had no info how a correctly installed cord looks like since the cord was already wrongly installed and the pulley fell out due to the missing retaining clip when I opened the Beomaster up...Luckily, I have the service manual, where the figure below is shown. It is important to exactly follow their details: Three windings around the main potentiometer wheel, and wrapping the cord two times around the pulley, coming in from the top and leaving at the bottom - this prevents jumbling of the cord when turning the pulley.

This is how it looked after I was done:
This pic shows why the pulley needs to be lower than the wheel...this keeps the cord that goes to the wheel on top, while the cord exits from below and goes to the guide pulley on the corner (se epic below), which is on the lower 'cord exit level' this keeps things nicely compartmentalized and the cords never want to cross.


The calibration of the tuning indicator belt was done with a local station of known frequency (I checked it with the digital indicator of a Beomaster 8000...quite a leap in technology between the 6000 and the 8000!). On to other issues...























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!