Featured Post

Beogram 4002: Restoration of DC Motor Video Published - Check It Out!

By popular request (really, I got quite a few emails about this!...;-), I finally completed my Beogram DC motor restoration video! It demon...

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Beogram 4002 (5501): Replacing all Electrolytic Capacitors

After fixing the strange control system issue it was time to plow ahead with the general restoration tasks, and so I replaced all electrolytic capacitors. This is always a good idea, since these units suffer from dried out capacitors, and Ta types can actually go up in flames when they expire. So replacing them with modern Aluminum 105C types is a good idea.

This shows the main PCB in its original condition:
And after replacing the capacitors:
After this I went under the keypad and extracted the output board. This shows its original condition:
And after replacing the output relay time delay capacitor and the old Siemens relay with a modern encapsulated unit:
Like all my parts the relay is available to other enthusiasts, just send me a message using the contact form on the left.
I also installed a grounding switch, which allows connecting signal and system grounds in case there is a hum in the output chain. This shows the switch from below:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!