Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, March 14, 2016

Beomaster 8000: Installation of New Keypad Ribbon Cables

I recently received the lower front panel of a Beomaster 8000 for the installation of new keypad ribbon cables. The original ones had developed some bad contacts in the attached headers.
I designed proper replacements and had them custom manufactured:
I extracted the original ribbon cables and installed the new ones:
Then I open up one of my Beomaster 8000s and tested the keypad with the new cables:
Beolovely!! All keys worked as they should and so hopefully this restoration will come to a successful end soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!