I decided to go with my already restored, early serial number Beomaster 8000 09 Microcomputer module in this Beomaster 8000 receiver. I re-installed the original unit's metal shielding box on the replacement 09 PCB.
After working with this early serial number Microcomputer PCB, although the shielding box is a pain to work with, I should have removed it by focusing my de-soldering work on just the tabs that were soldering onto the shield box lids.
Reinstalling the box is much easier than removing it.
Here is a picture of the new Microcomputer PCB at the corner where the original board had broken traces.
Everything is good with this 09 module.
I went through all of the control panel functions both with the control panel buttons and the remote control buttons.
Everything worked as it should except that the FM station display has the two missing LEDs.
I can deal with the display LEDs later.
Right now I wanted to try out this Beomaster 8000 and see how it sounds.
Before doing that though, I needed to check the No-Load Current and DC Offset of the Beomaster 8000 Output Amplifier boards per the service manual.
DC Offset
Those service manual adjustments encountered no problems so I moved on to some real listening tests.
I connected up an FM antenna and an iPod Nano to Tape 1.
I connected a pair of Beovox MC 120.2 speakers to Speaker 1 outputs of the Beomaster.
I will leave the Beomaster 8000 playing for several hours with the volume level at a low volume level (2.4).
Here is a picture of the new Microcomputer PCB at the corner where the original board had broken traces.
Everything is good with this 09 module.
Here is the new Microcomputer board reinstalled in the Beomaster 8000 cabinet.
I went through all of the control panel functions both with the control panel buttons and the remote control buttons.
Everything worked as it should except that the FM station display has the two missing LEDs.
I can deal with the display LEDs later.
Right now I wanted to try out this Beomaster 8000 and see how it sounds.
Before doing that though, I needed to check the No-Load Current and DC Offset of the Beomaster 8000 Output Amplifier boards per the service manual.
Both the No-Load Current and DC Offset values needed adjusting.
Here is the No-Load Current check after I adjusted the TR226 trimmer on both channels.
Here is the No-Load Current check after I adjusted the TR226 trimmer on both channels.
Note: These checks and adjustments are made with no speakers connected and the volume at zero.
No-Load Current
DC Offset
Those service manual adjustments encountered no problems so I moved on to some real listening tests.
I connected up an FM antenna and an iPod Nano to Tape 1.
I connected a pair of Beovox MC 120.2 speakers to Speaker 1 outputs of the Beomaster.
I will leave the Beomaster 8000 playing for several hours with the volume level at a low volume level (2.4).









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments and suggestions are welcome!