Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Friday, May 27, 2022

Beogram 400x: 3D Printed Arm Support for Shipping

I got finally tired of using foam and tape to support the arms of Beogram 400x during shipping. A while ago I received a Beogram for restoration that came packaged with the original B&O arms support made from rubber. Believe it or not: I forgot to take a picture of it! But I copied the design for 3D printing at a later point and then I forgot about it.

Recently, I came across the design and decided to print it with flexible TPU filament. It worked very well:

This is how it installs:
Simply bend the U-cradle a bit apart and slide it under the arms. Then press them gently into the U-shape Done!
No more tape on the arms! This part will become a standard feature of the Beolover shipping container! Beolovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!