Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, June 17, 2019

Beomaster 8000 - Workbench Unit

After restoring quite a few Beomaster 8000 receiver units I have developed several bench testing aids. I have some jigs for testing the rebuilding of displays and I have a test setup for testing the Beomaster 8000 output amplifier assemblies.

During various Beomaster 8000 projects I have also restored a number of Beomaster 8000 spare circuit boards. To checkout my spares and to aid in Beomaster 8000 diagnostic trouble-shooting I have been wanting to built up a dedicated, workbench unit. This would be a test unit I could swap boards in and out of easily for testing purposes. I had a couple of spare Beomaster 8000 chassis laying around so the time finally arrived to implement this workbench Beomaster 8000 unit.

Here is the completed workbench Beomaster 8000. It will remain in its service position and never be completely reassembled. I want it always available for testing.






























Even the startup circuit is left open for measurements and to test the startup relays. This unit has two brand new 7RL1 and 7RL2 relay devices installed. It also has replacement 7R1 and 7R2 5.6Ω current limiting resistors.



















I also replaced the four ±55VDC power supply reservoir capacitors with the Beolover Beomaster 8000 reservoir capacitor kit.

A bonus side benefit of having this workbench Beomaster 8000 is that I can also listen to it while working on various Beolover Blog projects :-)



























In the upcoming weeks I will be doing some Beomaster 8000 board restoration and testing. I will utilize this test unit for those tasks and detail the work here on the Beolover Blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!