Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Canada Beomaster 8000: Checking out the reworked boards

In the last post on the Canada Beomaster 8000 I left off having completed the restored display board.  With that last board completed I can finally begin testing what this Beomaster can do.

Since it has been a week since I last checked this Beomaster restoration I decided to recheck all of the power supply voltages, the no-load current checks and the DC offset checks.





























Naturally I tested the display board now that it is reinstalled.
























Everything looks like it is working correctly so I test played an iPod Nano into the Beomaster Tape 2 source input. As usual I connected my Beovox S-55 speakers I keep in the lab.

The Beomaster sounds like a Beomaster 8000.

I wrapped up the day by preparing the Beomaster for some upcoming performance tests.
Here is my test setup.
I am applying a 1KHz sine wave of 1.0VRMS to the Tape 2 source input of the Beomaster. I will measure and monitor the voltage across the dummy 8Ω speaker loads as well as measure the output with a QuantAsylum QA401 Audio Analyzer.













































The test setup is ready and I ran a couple of preliminary tests.






















Later this evening I will start running the performance tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!