This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Beomaster 8000: Power Supply Rebuild
Today I went on to rebuild the power supply board (#6) of the current Beomaster 8000.
Here is a picture before replacing the electrolytic caps:
The big yellow cans often are out of spec at this age. In this Beomaster, however, they showed reasonable ESR and capacitance values....nonetheless out they went with all the other electrolytics. Here is a pic after putting in quality 105C caps:
I cleaned all the headers on the board and coated them with DeoxIT D100. Then I plugged everything back together, and the Beomaster came on without fuss. I hope the Mundorfs will soon arrive that I can replace the main reservoir caps to put this Beomaster fully on a solid footing.