Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Beogram 8002: Replacing the Motor Phase Capacitor

Today I finished up the recap of the Beogram 8002 that I am restoring right now. The motor phase capacitor is hidden away in the transformer block:
This large can is a unipolar 27uF capacitor. It can be replaced with two modern back to back 47uF bipolar caps. I designed a 3D printed fixture to hold them neatly in place:
This assembly is available to other enthusiasts. Just send me a message via the contact form to the right.
After this was settled I went on to replace the two remaining power supply capacitors that are directly soldered to the small PCB that uses the enclosure as heat sink:
I soldered two new capacitors in
and that concludes the electrolytic capacitor renewal of this Beogram 8002.



1 comment:

Comments and suggestions are welcome!