Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, November 13, 2017

Beomaster 1900 (Type 2903): Trying Out The Recapped Beomaster

I partially reassembled the Beomaster 1900 so I can check out my recap work and begin the amplifier adjustments. It is always an anxious moment when you first re-apply power having completely disassembled a unit.

This Beomaster powered right up to Standby mode and touching the FM5 terminal post put the receiver right into that mode (no FM antenna is connected yet). A great feeling for sure.






































To get from the disassembled recapped boards to this first power on test I prepared the PCB 2 board for the No-Signal Current adjustment.

That adjustment will require measuring the voltage across the left and right channel emitter resistors while adjusting trimmers R259 and R359. I decided to install new trimmer resistors for those two devices. I didn't want to discover those old trimmers are a problem and have to remove PCB 2 again.
Here are the new adjustment trimmers installed.



The next step was to re-attach the four heat sinks for 2IC200/300 (TIP 141 Darlington pairs) and 2IC201/301 (TIP 146 Darlington pairs). The original mounting used thermal paste/adhesive to mount and insulate the transistors to the heat sink. For the re-assembly I decided to use a Thermalloy thermal interface product. It doesn't dry out like the paste and is less messy.























Tomorrow I will test the power supply voltages and do the No-Signal Current adjustments. Then I will see if I get output from the amplifier section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!