Featured Post

Beogram 4002: Restoration of DC Motor Video Published - Check It Out!

By popular request (really, I got quite a few emails about this!...;-), I finally completed my Beogram DC motor restoration video! It demon...

Friday, June 15, 2012

Beomaster 8000 Rebuilding the Power Amps

Today I rebuilt the right output stage. I put in new electrolytic capacitors and replaced the no-signal current trimmer. It was a good idea since a look at the old one revealed that it was intermittent when turning it. Adjusting the voltage between TP200/201 to 18 mV according to spec yielded a nice cool heat sink, even after a 1hr run. Here are before and after pics:
after:
At the end I adjusted the offset of the differential amplifier input with R200 to 0mV at the speaker jack. On to the left channel!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!