Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Texas Beomaster 8000: Final asembly

The happy day is finally here. The Beomaster 8000 from Texas is reassembled and into the playing test phase. I have said before that this is the best part.

To finish up I needed to put the push nuts onto the control panel in place of the temporary holding tape.


































I also brushed on some rust eliminator on the other push nuts that hold the two control wheel assemblies.

I stole the flat metal spring that was under the center mounting post of the button panel for use with the press bar that opens the tone control panel lid. I used black hot glue under the two Beolover cables and on the blue wires for the optical sensors. The glue is removable but holds well. The purpose here is to prove strain relief on solder joints where the wires attach to the button panel.

To reinstall the filter & tone control panel lid I had to replace the broken lever for the lid damper assembly.
























At last the final reassembly steps. I put the Beomaster cables back in place the way they were originally routed...well, close anyways. I have photos from all of my Beomaster 8000 projects as they first arrived and some of the cable routing was different. Some of that is probably from other people previously working on the units.

Here is the filter & tone control panel side.

























Here is the microcomputer and display side.























...and here is everything back together and the Beomaster 8000 plugged in. I polished up the metal panels and this Beomaster 8000 is stunning again.





















It will spend the next few days in one of my listening rooms just to make sure it is ready to return to its owner.  It is connected to a Beogram 8002, a Beocord 9000 and a couple of Beovox M100.2 speakers. This should be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!