Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Canada Beomaster 8000: Restoring the power supply board

The Rust-Oleum flat black paint has been applied on the left side of the cabinet as the final treatment to eliminate the rust areas I found.



While the paint is drying I performed the restoration on the Beomaster power supply board.

































While I am working on this board I will change out the thermal protection on the ±15V and +5V regulators.

There is a 22uF, 25V capacitor under the metal cover for the remote control receiver circuit.

































The large axial reservoir capacitors for ±15V and +5V have some rubbery glue that helps secure them in place.  I removed that glue and cleaned the board with alcohol.























...and here is the recap work and the remounted voltage regulators. I use black hot glue to secure the three large, axial reservoir capacitors. I will leave the metal cover off the remote control receiver until I can test that is works okay.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!