Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Canada Beomaster 8000: More rust to neutralize

While reviewing the last couple of blog posts on this Beomaster 8000 unit from Canada I started to question whether I was sure I got all of the rust. I neutralized the areas I saw inside the cabinet but when I turned the Beomaster over to look at the cabinet's outside bottom plate I saw the same type of suspicious corrosion on the left channel side of the Beomaster.
























Maybe at some point in its life this Beomaster cabinet's left channel side was subjected to some corrosive liquid.

I removed the base plate's mounting screws and found some rust areas that were hidden by the molded frame of the Beomaster.






















On the frame and rear cabinet panel you can see additional rust and some rust staining.






















The frame is non-metallic so I will try some products to remove those. The rear panel is metal so it will need some rust neutralizing treatment.

Again, the right channel side is fine (other than some dust). That reinforces my theory that there was some liquid spilled on the left channel side.
























I am glad I removed the bottom plate to check for more rust. This will be easy to fix and while the rust neutralizing treatment is drying I can continue restoring the other Beomaster boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!