Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Beogram 4004 Type 5526: Tangential Arm Position Detector

Just a quick and short update...
I didn't get as much bench time as I wanted the last couple of days but I did sneak on long enough to connect power and adjust the Beogram's tangential arm position detector voltage.

Just like I did on the previous Beogram 4002 (Type 5513) project, I needed to verify that the base voltage of 1TR17 is at a nice 0.7 VDC when the light source 4D1 is illuminating the tangential arm position sensor, 4IC1.

It was a little off so adjusting trimmer resistor 1R88 was necessary to bring the voltage down. This picture shows the initial adjustment.



























Once I re-attached the position scale I re-checked the voltage at 1TR17 base with the 4D1 LED at a transparent part of the scale.

I then ran the Beogram tangential arm through some of its operations. Everything worked great.

























Later tonight I will measure and adjust the new 2M ohm trimmer for the fixed arm record detector.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!