Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beogram 4002 Type 5513: First Listening Test

Today I finalized the Beogram mechanical adjustments. With my digital scale powered up again I locked down the calibration of the tonearm tracking force counter-weight. Like Beolover has done I removed the M3 counter-weight adjustment screw from the back of the tonearm and fitted it with a tightening nut as the means to lock in the calibrated position. Doing that helps to insure the calibrated setting doesn't get moved during any shipping or handling of the Beogram.




























Once the counter-weight is in the desired position I tightened up the locking nut and applied a dab of glue as one more bit of insurance. The Aleene's Tacky Glue can be peeled off in the future if another adjustment is ever needed.

I also applied a dab of the glue on the adjustment screw for the tonearm lowering limit.




























This picture shows the Beogram tracking force calibrated to 1 gram with the adjustment knob set to 1. Because most of the MMC cartridges are at least 1 gram recommended tracking force I calibrate the adjustment knob to the 1 gram position instead of zero.






















I checked the Beogram record tracking one more time and everything looks ready on this Beogram for a record play test.

I changed out the MMC 4000 cartridge I used for the service manual adjustments with an MMC 20CL cartridge for the play test.






















Two sides of Golden Earring (sorry, 70's was my era) played perfectly. I will now spoil myself the rest of the weekend alternating play between this Beogram 4002 and the Beogram 8000 that are now in the play test stage.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!