Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, January 9, 2017

Beocord 9000: Reassembly

With the recapping, cleaning and maintenance completed today was the day to put things back together in the Beocord and see where this project is at. I am starting with an empty shell since I removed everything out of the Beocord for the restoration. Although there are a few little tricks to learn and master regarding disassembly of this generation of Bang & Olufsen, the inner workings are easy to access.


































The last boards removed are the first boards put back in.





































I am not doing a full reassembly yet because I still have work to do on the displays. It is nice removing the transformer when moving the Beocord around and positioning it because it makes the unit a lot lighter. Here I have the Beocord reassembled to the point I can test it with a tape.

























Now to the other side to see what happens when I push play.























Oh what a great feeling it is to see the unit come to life and actually play a cassette after all of that work! I verified music was coming out using headphones on the front panel jack. You can see that this display does have missing segments and I will be working on those soon. Tomorrow I will set up and run some tests on this deck to see what it looks like on the spectrum analyzer. I will also see if it records. It's nice to end the day with a good success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!