Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Beogram 4002 (5514): New Transport Lock Bushings

Before I was able to adjust the platter and sub-chassis of the Beogram 4002 (5514) that I am restoring right now I needed to replace the disintegrated transport lock bushings. This deck had the orange type bushing and so it was not a surprise that they were gone:
Since the fragments were all over the place I took out the sub-chassis to make sure that there were none left underneath:
Rogue bushing fragments are sometimes an issue since the sub-chassis floats fairly close to the bottom of the enclosure, and if there are bushing splinters lodged between the chassis and the enclosure the chassis cannot float freely anymore, which impairs the vibration insulation of the turntable mechanism. 

After cleaning things up I installed my 3D printed replacement bushings :

There is a video about installing new transport lock bushings in my Beogram 4002 playlist. The bushings can be ordered directly from my Shapeways store. This is the link to the part. Two parts are needed per transport lock.
The next steps will be adjusting the platter and the chassis, and then do the tonearm weight calibration and arm lowering limit adjustment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!