Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beogram 4002 (5523): Some Final Touches - Replacing Plinth and Keypad

After installing the BeoloverRIAA internal preamplifier and the Commander remote control, it was time for some final touches for this Beogram 4002 (5523):
Here is an impression of its damaged plinth:
The replacement plinth I recently came across unfortunately also had some small damages. The corners were slightly banged up. Inspired by the veneer repair I recently carried out on a Beomaster 8000, I set out to do the same to this plinth:
This shows the right corner before:
and after I added a bit of veneer and colored it to match:
not perfect, but definitely much better than before. The left corner had a similar issue on the side:
I did a similar job here:
The original keypad had a big hole in the coating of the start key:
I replaced this keypad with a much better one:
Alright! This beolovely Beogram is now ready for the return trip to its owner!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!