Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Monday, March 14, 2016

Beogram 4002 (5513): Repair of Bent System Ground Terminal

After installing my new BeoloverRIAA pre-amplifier design in the Beogram 4002 that I just finished up, I set out to put the enclosure back together and bolt on the hood when I realized that I had completely forgotten about the bent and damaged system ground terminal in the back:
It turned out that I needed to cut the bold off with a saw since the threads were too damaged to get the  rusty nut off that was installed. After getting the bolt out I installed a new 3 mm bolt with the appropriate insulating shoulder washers:
O.k...it seems I am done now! Beolove is in details! Time to ship this 4002 back to its owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!