Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Friday, June 5, 2015

Beomaster 4400 (2419): Headphones Jack Restoration

I thought I was done with the Beomaster 4400, but I had completely forgotten about the jammed in 3.5 mm headphones adapter:

After removing it it looked like this:

While I was blissfully listening to some nice jazz on the public radio on this lovely Beomaster 4400, it occurred to me that there was something missing. Then it dawned on me that the receiver was lacking its headphones jack bezel. It must have been pushed in when the adapter hit something hard and then went missing after someone opened the Beomaster up to have a look. The headphones jack was also mashed in. Ruffians!:

After taking the jack out it looked like this:

I straightened the jack bracket as good as I could with my vise. In the meantime I obtained a spare bezel. This allowed me to finish up the repair:

With a straightened bracket the jack sits close enough to the bezel to hold it in place from the backside. From the front it looks like this:

Too bad that the banged-in adapter damaged the panel cutout a bit, but I guess for a more than 30 years old unit, this Beomaster is in pretty nice shape nonetheless.
Allright...looks I am finally done! All good in Beomaster land! I really started to like listening to this receiver, but now it is time to ship it back!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!