Featured Post

Beogram Commander Remote Control: Maybe This is the Final Version!..;-)

This is a follow up to my recent post about the redesigned Beogram Commander remote control board, which now works in both (DC-motor) Beogr...

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Beogram 4002 (5513): Sensor Arm Light Bulb

I did a quick check on the sensor arm light bulb of the Beogram 4002 (5513) that I am currently restoring. What I found was a pristine bulb, not blackened at all. The bulbs that I so far encountered showed clear signs of filament evaporation, which results in a dark coating on the bulb glass. Not here:

Seems this Beogram saw only little use, or the bulb was replaced at some point. So I will not replace it. It is interesting, however, to note how it sits in its compartment. Absolutely straight on the wires that come in. This suggests that the reason my recent replacement of this bulb with an LED required a high intensity LED may be due to positioning the LED at the wrong location within the housing, i.e. not at the focal point. I will try again with a different set-up. I would enjoy a LED replacement that preserves the original incandescent glow...my high brightness white LED gives it an interesting back-to-the-future feel, but at heart, I really desire to restore these units to their original beauty, just with modern long lasting parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!