Featured Post

Beolover SyncDrive: DC Platter Motor Replacement for Beogram 4002 and 4004 (Type 551x and 552x)

Late Beogram 4002 and the 4004 (Types 551x and 552x), which have DC platter motors instead of the earlier synchronous AC motors usually suff...

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beomaster 8000: Recapping the Filter and Tone Controls Board (#4) and Broken Signal Meter

I moved on to recap the filter and tone controls board (PCB #4) that is under the control panel of the Beomaster 8000 I am working on...not much to report about the capacitor replacement. Here are pics:

Before:

and after:




























Sadly, the more 'interesting' part of this board is the non-working signal strength meter. I unsoldered the contacts and measured the resistance. It is open circuit, i.e something is wrong on the inside. It looks pristine inside, from what I can tell by peeking through the plexiglass cover. I am wondering if one can open it up without penalty...I guess, we will find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are welcome!